Food Wars! (Shokugeki no Soma) is an anime and manga series that contains a wide variety of delicious and oh so visually appealing food dishes. While some of the Food Wars Food (that’s a fun one to say) prepared in the series are quite elaborate and may require you to have a huge amount of experience in the kitchen, there are also some dishes within Shokugeki no Soma that even your cute novice self can pull off making at home with limited technique. Apologies if I’m assuming a bit too much about your anime food replicating skills, all in good fun. I want you to PLEASE comment with a photo of any dish that you make from this post. I’d be smiling the hardest I have in at least 31 hours.
Hey and if it doesn’t work out, you can always feed the leftovers to your dog or cat, unless you shouldn’t. Maybe do your research on that first, since I’m not an expert in what dogs and cats can and cannot eat. Feed some of them to your spouse to gauge their reaction, it’ll be a good test to see if you’ve done everything correctly. If their clothing begins to randomly fly off of their body then you know you’ve done a good job. Though your results might not be as extraordinary as the ones depicted in the Food Wars Food (lol) in the anime. I’ll shut up now, so finally, here are a few dishes featured in Food Wars! that you can attempt to whip up:
- Dish: Beef Stew with Bacon Potatoes (Pork Roast Bowl)
- Description: This is one of the signature dishes in the series, prepared by Soma Yukihira. It consists of tender beef stew served over a bed of fluffy rice.
- Recipe: There are quite a few recipes online for beef and/or pork stew bowls already. I personally am a fan of this one! Serve it over cooked rice for a hearty meal.
- Dish: Chaliapin Steak Don
- Description: This dish features a perfectly cooked steak topped with a creamy mushroom sauce and served over rice.
- Recipe: Prepare your favorite cut of steak (ribeye or sirloin work well), cook it to your preferred level of doneness, and make a creamy mushroom sauce to pour over it. Serve over cooked rice.
- Dish: Eggs Benedict
- Description: Eggs Benedict is a classic breakfast dish featuring poached eggs, Canadian bacon, and hollandaise sauce on an English muffin.
- Recipe: You can find loooads of Eggs Benedict recipes online, which will guide you through the process of poaching eggs and making hollandaise sauce, I like this one.
- Dish: Apple Risotto
- Description: Apple risotto is a unique and slightly sweet dish featured in the series.
- Recipe: You can make a creamy risotto by sautéing Arborio rice with onions and white wine, then adding chicken or vegetable broth and diced apples. Finish it with butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Dish: Bear’s Meat (Venison) – In the series, this dish is typically prepared using high-quality venison and various spices.
- Recipe: While it might be challenging to obtain venison for some, you can try preparing similar dishes with other meats, such as beef or pork, using your favorite spice mix or rub.
- Dish: Curry Udon
- Description: Curry udon is a comforting Japanese noodle dish featuring thick udon noodles in a rich and flavorful curry broth.
- Recipe: You can find recipes for curry udon online. The key is to make a delicious curry sauce and cook the udon noodles until they’re tender.
- Dish: Soufflé Omelette
- Description: Soufflé omelettes are light and fluffy omelettes that are typically served with a variety of fillings.
- Recipe: To make a soufflé omelette, you’ll need to separate egg whites and yolks, beat the whites until stiff peaks form, and then gently fold them back into the yolks. Cook the mixture like a regular omelette and fill it with your favorite ingredients.
That’ll do it for your different Food Wars Food recipes that even a novice can whip up. Hopefully you took your dish seriously and didn’t pull any punches! Remember to please comment :), you’ll shouldn’t have to make an account but it would be very cool!
Remember that cooking is not just about following recipes; it’s also about experimenting and enjoying the process. Feel free to get creative with your dishes, just like the characters in “Food Wars!” do, and don’t be afraid to try new flavors and combinations. DO post any of your attempts at making these dishes in the comments PLEASE. It would make my whole day to see the Shokugeki no Soma dishes you created come to real life!